2011 US-Korea Free Trade Agreement: Impact on WA
The US-Korea Free Trade Agreement: Impact on Washington State Businesses
Friday, 26 August 2011
Bellevue City Hall, Bellevue, WA
11:30 am - 2:00 pm (lunch served)
Join the World Trade Club to hear a distinguished panel of industry representatives and trade experts discuss the Korean Free Trade Agreement and its potential impact on Washington State businesses.
The U.S. - Korea Free Trade Agreement (KORUS) was signed by the U.S. and South Korean governments on June 30, 2007. This agreement – the most commercially significant U.S. trade deal in more than a decade – now awaits approval by the U.S. Congress. Once passed, this agreement will bring significant economic benefits and opportunities to Washington's farmers, businesses and workers.
Panel speakers will include:
- William E. Craft, Jr., Deputy Assistant Secretary, Trade Policy and Programs, U.S. Department of State
- The Honorable Young-wan Song, Korean Consulate General
- Mike Nunes, Business Development and Strategy for Boeing Commercial Airplanes
- Robert Hamilton, Governor’s Advisor for Trade Policy
- Tay Yoshitani, Chief Executive Officer for the Port of Seattle
- Brian Thompson, Sales Manager, Anderson Hay & Grain Co., Inc.
Introduction by Don Davidson, Mayor, City of Bellevue
Members and students: $25
Parking free with validation obtained at the City Hall Customer Service Desk.
On-line registration is closed, but you can register that day at the door.
Sponsors of this Event: