Directions to the Mansion
Important Attendee Information and Driving Directions
Bring photo ID: all persons entering the Governor's Mansion must show photo ID that matches their name on the registration list. No substitutions will be allowed at the door.
Traffic: traffic between Seattle and Olympia can be unpredictable, the Mansion will open at 4:30 to accommodate those who wish to arrive early.
Driving directions and parking:
From northbound or southbound Interstate 5, take Exit 105, “State Capitol & City Center.” Follow signs for the State Capitol; this will place you on 14th Avenue. Go straight through the roundabout at Jefferson Street.
- Continue heading west; go under the overpass and continue to the intersection of Sid Snyder Avenue and Capitol Way (1st stop light). The Capitol (Legislative Building) will be straight ahead.
- After going straight through the intersection, veer slightly to your right and head towards the Winged Victory statue (circle in front of Insurance Building). Continue heading west and go around the circle.
- Go straight at the stop sign and enter the parking lot between the Legislative Building and the Temple of Justice Building.
- Continue to the end of the parking lot; the Executive Mansion will now be on the hill to your left. Turn right to access the lower Mansion parking lot.
- After parking, proceed to the entry post (small white building) where the WSP Trooper will verify your photo ID and ensure your name is on the RSVP list. All visitors must show picture ID and be on the RSVP list for admittance.
- A map of the Capitol Campus can be found here: http://www.des.wa.gov/SiteCollectionDocuments/campus-map.pdf
- If you need further assistance with directions, please call the Executive Mansion at 360-753-1488.